PED - Personal Electronic Dosimeters
Radiation Safety Simplified
Tracerco’s range of personal electronic dosimeters (PEDs) are suitable for oil and gas, medical and life sciences, nuclear, CBRNe and emergency services, NDT, manufacturing and industrial, and environmental and waste management industries. We offer both intrinsically safe and non-intrinsically safe options for all needs.
TracercoTM Personal Electronic Dosimeter (PED) Blue
The PED-Blue is a lightweight, non-IS PED. The device can be charged with a direct micro USB connection, providing greater flexibility. The PED-Blue can also be configured to use either two or four dose alarm levels and is customisable through DoseVisionTM software.
Benefits of the PED-Blue include:
- Robust and easy to use
- Direct micro USB connection for greater flexibility
- Large, clear, easy-to-read display
- Light weight – suited to more applications
- Used with DoseVisionTM software – ease of use and functionality
- IP67 rated
- Simple one-button operation
TracercoTM Personal Electronic Dosimeter (PED)-IS
The PED-IS is ideal for workers who are not specially trained to measure radiation exposure. Everything has been designed with the user in mind. The display features a simple diagram of a man who fills with colour depending on the dose of radiation received, as well as radiation graph measurements. This Intrinsically safe personal electronic dosimeter is available to measure radiation exposure in potentially explosive environments.
The benefits of the PED-IS include:
- Intrinsically safe, so no need for a hot work permit
- One of the largest memories on the market, reducing the risk of data being overwritten when memory is full
- Easy to read, with large AMOLED display screen
- Simple to use, with Icons and one-touch operation
- Flexible, with 3 radiation measurement modes, and 4 different radiation alarm settings
- Suitable for use in all weathers
- A screen that can be rotated allowing it to be worn multiple ways
TracercoTM Personal Electronic Dosimeter (PED+)
The PED+ can be used as both a personal dosimeter and a handheld dose rate survey meter. It has a number of additional features, such as Bluetooth, GPS and pop-up message alarms.
The capabilities of the PED+ include:
- Handheld mode allows the device to be used as a handheld survey meter
- Shows readings in dose rate (Sv or rem) and displays a live trend graph to show activity in real time
- Measurement is corrected for use off-body, so personal accumulated dose is not recorded
- Dose rate data is logged in off-body mode, allowing data review with DoseVisionTM
- Pop-up alert messages display clear instructions at alarm threshold
- Allows location data to be logged to the device alongside dose and dose rate data, that can be viewed using DoseVision™
TracercoTM Personal Electronic Dosimeter (PED) ER
The PED-ER is a rugged, robust, lightweight and easy-to-use, personal electronic dosimeter, for effectively monitoring, measuring and managing radiation exposure.
The PED-ER benefits from:
- An extended dose rate range of up to 1 Sv/h
- Large, clear display and intuitive graphical user interface (GUI)
- A reliable dosimeter for the most challenging radiation monitoring situations
- Designed to keep things simple, with one-button operation and easy-to-follow menu system
- Easily operated, with no training required
- Audio and visual alarms (with vibration functionally), if a set dose rate is reached
TracercoTM Personal Electronic Dosimeter (PED) ER+
The PED-ER+ provides the ultimate in radiation monitoring, measurement and management for those working in challenging environments. Ideal for use by industrial NDT workers, emergency services and first response teams (CBRNe).
The PED-ER+ benefits from the following advantages:
- An extended dose rate range of up to 1Sv/h
- Weather, shock and drop-proof housing – ideal for rugged environments
- Large clear display
- Portable – can be used as both a personal dosimeter, and a handheld dose rate survey meter
- Pop-up message alarms when dose limits are reached