Portable High Performance Phased Array UT Instrument
TOPAZ32 is a 32-channel, high-performance phased array UT device — a complete solution for your inspections. Optimally designed for Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Manufacturing and Transportation applications, TOPAZ32 boosts productivity, reduces job time duration and can lower total cost of ownership.
One of the many key advantages of the new TOPAZ32 is that 2D matrix array probe support is now included without the need of any external software. This fully-integrated and simplified approach can reduce the amount of equipment needed to perform an inspection.
With its rugged construction and airtight magnesium and rubber housing, TOPAZ32 is durable enough to handle inspections in even the harshest conditions. It’s lightweight, making it portable enough to go wherever you need to carry it.
With UltraVision touch software embedded in TOPAZ32, everything you need for advanced setups and analysis is in one instrument. Visit the UltraVision Touch page to learn more about the software features.
High-performance acquisitions, high speed and fast processing. TOPAZ32 is one of the most efficient and versatile non-destructive testing (NDT) instruments in the market.
A fully integrated, portable solution
TOPAZ32 enables users to effectively complete the following, all from one unit:
- PREPARE specimen and weld for inspection and calibrate set-up. The visual feedback of the on-board shape editor and advanced focal law calculator allows easy setup creation and optimization
- ACQUIRE data real time in a range of views on the multi-touch screen. The calibration process is made easy with a complete calibration tool. Superior hardware specifications allow for the most efficient encoded data acquisition process of any portable PA system on the market
- ANALYZE the data in different views and automatically produce a table of indications. A full set of basic (cursors, readings) and advanced (merge, C-Scan stitching, gate selectors, volumetric contour, thickness thresholding, etc) analysis tools are available on-board with fully-configurable display layouts
- REPORT in different levels to meet specific requirements. Ready-to-print custom PDF reports, including hardware settings, scan plan and indication information, are generated with a single touch
Optimized layouts make it easier
The advanced processing features of the TOPAZ32 onboard calibration provide optimized layouts to facilitate phased array calibration for sensitivity, wedge delay, Time Corrected Gain (TCG) and velocity for each angle.
Calibration status keeps users informed
Before acquisition begins, TOPAZ32 displays the calibration status for all channels (groups). If the relevant symbol on the display is not in green, this indicates that the related parameter has not been calibrated. Only when all symbols are green can scanning and data acquisition commence.
Data displayed in real time for quick analysis
TOPAZ32 displays data in real time, during acquisition even volumetric merged views. With a wide range of predefined, onboard layouts to present data users can create their own layout to meet specific requirements or personal preferences.
A smart investment
- An advanced 64-bit on-board computer substantially improves the power of the instrument reducing typical processing times by up to 50% at setup creation, calibration or reporting
- The ultra-bright touchscreen is crystal clear whether indoors or outside in direct sunlight and can be operated even when wearing gloves
- Getting started with TOPAZ32 couldn’t be easier — with a logical graphical interface, users interact just like they would with a smartphone or a tablet
- Configuration is simple as well — connect any Zetec scanner or accessory such as a probe to TOPAZ32 and it will automatically recognize and preconfigure accordingly, saving valuable time and resources
Truly revolutionary and faster in every way
- Provides 2D matrix array probe support without the need for external software
- Fast data acquisition due to large 2GB file size onboard. Reduces time for processing and creating reports by up to 50% versus previous versions
- Fast and large data storage (120GB embedded solid state drive) minimizes the frequency of data export
- Sectorial and linear scanning combine to increase the covered inspection area while reducing scanning time
Powerful onboard analysis
- TOFD cursors allow onboard TOFD analysis
- Lateral wave synchronization straightens the lateral TOFD wave so that defect depth measurement is extremely precise
- Onboard layout manager provides data in a number of easily understandable formats. Users can create their own views to suit particular requirements or preferences
- All standard or user-created layouts can be shared with other inspectors. They can be exported using the comprehensive connectivity capabilities. Plus layouts created for other inspections can be easily imported
Display and software capabilities reduce need for post-processing
A real time, volumetric merged view is displayed onboard during acquisition so there is usually no need to post-process data on an external machine. TOPAZ32 software is based on the UltraVision core engine so there is no need to convert files between UltraVision Touch (embedded in TOPAZ32) and UltraVision. There’s no need to export files and convert for complex inspections where advanced post-processing is required.
With UltraVision Software embedded, it’s the complete solution
TOPAZ32 is a fully integrated phased array UT system. 2D matrix array probe support is now included without the need of any external software. This fully-integrated and simplified approach can reduce the amount of equipment needed to perform an inspection. Powered by high-density, long-life batteries it is a standalone instrument which can perform:
- Inspection set-up and calibration
- Data acquisition and analysis
- Final reporting
The onboard calculator can do it all
Every inspection step from preparation to final report can be carried out onboard, with no need to connect to an external computer or employ third party software. TOPAZ32 also offers a range of innovative features to allow users to enjoy greater probability of detection and enhanced reporting. The heart of the Topaz32 instrument is its onboard calculator.
Versatile and built to last
Topaz32 features a rugged magnesium housing that is long lasting yet lightweight. Plus TOPAZ32 has no air intake preventing the ingress of dust, humidity or any contaminants making it ideal for harshest of environments. One of the most versatile phased array instruments available, TOPAZ32 is powered by the software engine Ultravision, common to the entire Zetec ultrasonic flaw detector product range. It can be used as a powerful stand-alone instrument or connected to a PC using UltraVision Touch or driven by UltraVision 3 for extended capability. The flexibility is endless.
Powerful onboard reporting
TOPAZ32 can generate reports to meet every user requirement. Onboard templates are available to provide reports according to the level of information required. Reports can cover scanplans, specimen and weld information, operating parameters, tables of indication, individual images with flaws identified, as well as comprehensive reports.
TOPAZ32 is packed with features designed to improve productivity, reduce analysis time and lower total cost of ownership.
ULTRA-BRIGHT TOUCH DISPLAY
- Resolution is 64% better than standard displays
- Offers 33% more surface than 16:9 displays with the same diagonal
- Dedicated outdoor setting delivers amazing visibility, even in direct sunlight
POWERFUL COMPUTINGNew 64-bit onboard computer reduces processing time by up to 50% vs. previous versions
- Configure inspections on complex specimens like axial or circumferential welds, including different weld profiles supports
- Supports 2D martrix array probes without additional external software
- 2GB data file size capability improves inspection efficiency
- Create as many inspection groups as needed with up to 1024 focal laws
- Multiple data files can easily be merged together
- C-Scan data from different files can be consolidated with the “Data Stitching Tool”
16-BIT AMPLITUDE RESOLUTIONSignals can be digitized using an 800% FSH scale. This reduces the chances of re-scan due to signal saturation during the acquisition
ULTRAVISION TOUCH EMBEDDED
- Advanced focal law calculator with visual feedback allows for easy setup preparation
- Onboard volumetric merge and measurement tools enable powerful data analysis and inspection report generation
FAST DATA ACQUISITION SPEED64-bit computing power combined with an onboard SSD (solid state drive) allow you to perform challenging inspections with large data files, all without compromising acquisition speed
RUGGED AND LIGHTWEIGHT
- The housing is designed so there is no air intake
- The removable external fan optimizes heat dissipation
2D MATRIX ARRAYSThe UltraVision Touch calculator now supports 2D matrix array probes without using external software
COMPOUND SCANNINGSectorial and linear scanning combine to increase the covered inspection area while reducing scanning time
TIME REVERSAL SUPPORTThe first portable instrument to support the Time Reversal technique, which simplifies complex inspections of composite materials
SEAMLESS INTEGRATIONConnect any Zetec scanner or probe to TOPAZ32 and it will automatically recognize the accessory and preconfigure accordingly
FAST DATA TRANSFER
- One USB 3.0 port
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- GB Ethernet Connector
HIGHLY EFFICIENT DUAL INSPECTIONTwo high quality dedicated UT channels allowing conventional UT (pulse-echo, pitch-and-catch, or TOFD) and Phased Array inspections to be carried out simultaneously
FAST, LOW NOISE AND SAFE PROBE CONNECTIONSQuality PA UT connector with a solid and secure probe latch
Works with a complete range of probes
Works with standard 1D PA probes which are compatible with TOPAZ32, Zircon, Dynaray and many other adaptors and electronics systems. The system allows for interactive probe detection and recognition. There are 19 different types of probes, varying in frequency, active aperture, pitch and number of elements. In addition, custom phased array probes and wedges can be supplied to meet specific requirements and applications.
The TOPAZ32 handheld encoder is a mini encoder supplied with 5m of cable and a waterproff connector compatible with Zircon and TOPAZ32 systems. It includes a bracket kit to allow attachment onto Zetec wedges.
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||5.2 × 10.3 × 12.8 in (13.2 x 26 x 32.6 cm)|
|Weight||13.9 lb. (6.3kg)|
|Multi-touch Display||10.4 in. (1024 x 768 pixels)|
|Battery Operation||Yes (Hot Swap)|
|Phased Array Connector||ZPAC Connector (custom ZIF with latch)|
|Phased Array Channels||32/128 P or 32/128 PR|
|UT Channels||2 P/E or 2 P&C|
|Digitizing Frequency||Up to 100 MHz|
|Amplitude Resolution||16 bits|
|Measurement Gates||4 gates + 1 synchronization gate|
|Data Interfaces||Ethernet 1000 Base-T; 1 x USB 3.0; 2 x USB 2.0|
|Maximum PRF||12 kHz|
|Maximum Pulser Voltage (Open Circuit)||105V PA UT / 215V UT|
|Maximum Applied Voltage (50 ohms)||75V PA UT / 200V UT|
|Bandwidth (-3 dB)||From 0.5 to 18 MH z|
|Real-time Data Compression||Yes|
|Smoothing (Video Filter)||Digital|
|Automated Probe Detection||Yes|
|Dynamic Depth Focusing (DDF)||Yes|
|# Focal Laws (DDF)||1024|
|Maximum Number of Samples||8,192 – 16,384 (remote – UltraVision® 3)|
|Maximum Data File Size||2 GB onboard – 20 GB (remote using UltraVision® 3)|
|Encoder Interfaces||2 Quadrature-type|
|PC Software Control||UltraVision Touch embedded|
|Serves as Protection Key||License for UltraVision Touch|
|Data Acquisition & Analysis||UltraVision Touch; UltraVision 3|
|Embedded Hard Drive||120 GB SSD|
|Video Output||DVI (Digital and Analog)|
|Instrument Calibration||Compliant with ISO 18563-1|